Monday, June 20, 2016

Resurrection?

Thinking of resurrecting this blog because:
1. Sad to see my mad writing skills go to waste
2. It is the political season after all, and Donald Trump is a muse of social criticism.

Although in annals of my blogs abandoned after four or five posts, the one about my kids is way better: http://itsyandbubba.blogspot.com/ Maybe I should resurrect that one instead. Maybe I can do both, but I don't think I can do hybrid, because they're so different in tone. One is Christopher Lasch meets Roger Ebert and one is "Baby Blues" meets "Hyperbole and a Half." Actually, if I was one quarter as good as any of those things, I could die happy.

If I am able to pull off the resurrection, which is a rare feat indeed, I may need to be far more stream of consciousness to have time for this. Itsy & Bubba, my last blog attempt, I started when "Bubba" was very young. With very young children, you have both less time and more time than ever before. Now that they are a couple of years older, I only have less time. Never wanted to be that guy, but I do want Itsy to learn to swim, and play soccer, and, heck, probably learn an instrument and a foreign language and a martial art while he's at it. America's great dilemma: why must we live vicariously through our preschoolers?

Anyhow, in another show of arrogance, I've come to believe that the social/political criticism I might offer is just as cogent and thoughtful as most of what I read these days, so how about we dust off that keyboard and give it another go? We'll see how long it lasts...

No comments: